- The formal act of acknowledging that the Project has met agreed acceptance criteria and thereby met the requirements of its stakeholders. [Prince2Glossary2009]
Actions are acts that people or stakeholders need to do to make the Project reach its objectives. Actions are not deliverables and are not meant to produce value for your Project (such as activities).
- See action
- See Activity
A process, function or task that occurs over time, has recognizable results and is managed. It is usually defined as part of a process or plan. [Prince2Glossary2009]
An activity results in specific outputs, which are the products, services or attributes resulting from the activities and linked to the objectives (e.g. Project management plan, state of the art study, test cases, dissemination artefacts).
- Activity report
- Protocols, which are Minutes, describe the activities that have been performed during a specified period.
- Activity type
- Possible type of an activity: Progress report, Meeting minutes, Report, Acceptance report, Event, Meeting, Kick-off
All the systematic actions necessary to provide confidence that the target (system, process, organization, programme, Project, outcome, benefit, capability, product output, deliverable) is appropriate. Appropriateness might be defined subjectively or objectively in different circumstances. The implication is that assurance will have a level of independence from that which is being assured.
- An off-specification that is accepted by the Project Board without corrective action.
A contract represents an agreement between entities. In the case of Framework contract, it can include child contracts (Specific Contracts belonging to a Framework Contract).
- See Contract
- The managers can control and support the teams whether they are interns, consultants or offshore participants to the Project
- StratEx proposes naming conventions to facilitate the document management during the Projects
- Corrective action
- A set of actions to resolve a threat to a plan’s tolerances or a defect in a product.
- Product, Deliverable or Outcome is used to describe everything that the Project has to create or change, however physical or otherwise these may be. Results of Projects can vary enormously from physical items, such as buildings and machinery, to intangible things like culture change and public perception. [CCTA1998]
- See Deliverable
An Event represents the meetings, workshops or any other happenings you should attend or organize in the scope of the Work package.
- See Event
- Follow-on action recommendations
- Recommended actions related to unfinished work, on-going issues and risks, and any other activities needed to take a product to the next phase of its life. These are summarized and included in the End Stage Report (for phased handover) and End Project Report. [Prince2Glossary2009]
- Framework contract
- The concept of a framework agreement is that it is, essentially, an arrangement, which establishes the contractual terms which, will apply to subsequent orders made for the goods, services or works covered by the framework over the period of time during which, it is in force. [ProcurementLawyerOrganization]
- See iCalendar
iCalendar is a computer file format which allows Internet users to send meeting requests and tasks to other Internet users, via email, or sharing files with an extension of ”.ics”.
- See Issue
- Job scheduler
- Graphical user interface for definition and monitoring of background executions such as the generation of a report
- Logging menu enables the user to check the technical activities performed by StratEx to support their project i.e. send email, perform a backup
- Master data
- Master data menu contains StratEx administrative data; people access rights, stakeholders, persons, subscription management, logging and administrative access to the data
- In a meeting, two or more people come together to discuss one or more topics, often in a formal setting.
- See Meeting
Protocols, which are minutes or, informally, notes, are the instant written record of a meeting or hearing.
Details of a Work assignment which necessitates a travel, data include the destination, the other check-in and checkout ...
- See Mission
- See Risk mitigation
- Non-working days
- Days that aren’t taken into account when the planning is build
- This is a type of risk: Off-specifications are “something that should be provided by the Project, but currently is not provided (or is forecast not to be). This might be a missing product or a product not meeting its specification.” [PRINCE2Revealed]
- On Premise
On-premises software is installed and run on computers on the premises (in the building) of the person or organization using the software, rather than at a remote facility, such as at a server farm or cloud somewhere on the Internet.
A Person is an individual working on the Project. It can be a member of your team or a representative from your client.
- See Person
The PMBOK Guide identifies that subset of the Project management body of knowledge that is generally recognized as a good practice. “Generally recognized” means the knowledge and practices described are applicable to most Projects most of the time and there is a consensus about their value and usefulness. “Good practice” means there is a general agreement that the application of the knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques can enhance the chance of success over many Projects.” [PMBOK2013]
PRINCE2 (an acronym for Projects IN Controlled Environments) is a de facto process-based method for effective Project management. Used extensively by the UK Government, PRINCE2 is also widely recognized and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. The PRINCE2 method is in the public domain, and offers non-proprietorial best practice guidance on Project management.
- Private Cloud
Private cloud is cloud infrastructure operated solely for a single organization, whether managed internally or by a third-party, and hosted either internally or externally.
- This is a type of risk: A problem/concern is “any other issue / concern / query / suggestion that the Project Manager needs to resolve or escalate.” [PRINCE2Revealed]
- A series of actions for a particular aspect of Project management established specifically for the Project – for example, a risk management procedure.
- You need to setup processes whether you are building a house, writing an answer to a call for proposal, complying with Food Drugs Association (FDA) regulations. StratEx proposes you to follow best practices set by famous methodologies like Prince2 Further reading [PRINCE2Revealed]
A Project is a global entity containing contracts. It allows you to group the activities you have to perform.
- Project Assurance
- The Project Board’s responsibilities are to assure itself that the Project is being conducted correctly. The Project Board members each have a specific area of focus for Project Assurance, namely business assurance for the Executive, user assurance for the Senior User(s), and supplier assurance for the Senior Supplier(s). [Prince2Glossary2009]
- Project Management Office
- abbreviated to PMO, is a group or department within a business, agency or enterprise that defines and maintains standards for Project management within the organization. [PMOWikipedia]
A proposal is the first step before a contract. It represents the description of the services you will offer under a contract.
- Public Cloud
A cloud is called a “public cloud” when the services are rendered over a network that is open for public use.
- Quality assurance
- An independent check that products will be fit for purpose or meet requirements. [Prince2Glossary2009]
Queries form the basis of list-based reports that you can use to draw customised reports from StratEx.
- Management products providing a snapshot of the status of certain aspects of the Project. [Prince2Glossary2009]
- An activity that leads to a time-driven report from the Project Manager to the Project Board or a team
- See Report
- Request For Action
If you need to request something to stakeholder, it can be recorded via a Request For Action.
- Request for change
- This is a type of risk: Request for a change is a “request that a change to one of the baselined products should be considered” [PRINCE2Revealed]
- Request For Offer
The Request for Offer starts the Proposal cycle. It represents that request you have received from your client to prepare a proposal.
This represents any risk you may identify on your Project(s) and allows you to manage them
- Risk impact
- The risk impact is the evaluated effect or result of a particular outcome actually happening. [PRINCE2Revealed]
- Risk mitigation
- Risk mitigation planning is the process of developing options and actions to enhance opportunities and reduce threats to project objectives [PMBOK2013]
- Risk probability
- A Project risk probability is the evaluated likelihood of a particular outcome actually happening (including a consideration of the frequency with which the outcome may arise). [PRINCE2Revealed]
- Risk types
- PRINCE2 recognizes 3 types of issues: request for change, off-specification, and a problem/concern. [PRINCE2Revealed]
- Every Project is subject to constant change in its business and wider environment. The risk environment (Project risk) is constantly changing too. The Project’s priorities and relative importance of risks will shift and change. Assumptions about risk have to be regularly revisited and reconsidered, for example at each end stage assessment. [PRINCE2Revealed]
Software as a service is a software licensing and delivery model in which software is licensed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted.
- Every member of the team is aware of the status of the Project, its deadlines, risks and issues associated
A Stakeholder represents an organization involved in the Project. It can be your organization, a partner, a supplier or your client.
- See Stakeholder
StratEx comes with several business models depending on the customer needs; the user pays periodically (monthly or yearly) the use or access of StratEx. A free version of StratEx is available on top of the “Standard”, “Professional” or “Enterprise” versions
- See Subscription
- User Acceptance Test
- User acceptance testing (UAT) consists of a process of verifying that a solution works for the user. [AcceptanceTestingWikipedia] It is not system testing (ensuring software does not crash and meets documented requirements), but rather is there to ensure that the solution will work for the user i.e. test the user accepts the solution (software vendors often refer to as Beta testing).
- Word template
A pre-developed page layout describing a certain type of report such as Meeting Minutes
- Work breakdown structure
- In Project management and systems engineering, is a deliverable-oriented decomposition of a Project into smaller components such as a product, data, service, or any combination thereof. [WorkBreakdownStructureWikipedia]
- Work package
A Work package is a building block of the work breakdown structure that allows the Project management to define the steps necessary for completion of the work. (e.g. Program management, Production Control Software, Testing, Deployment, Dissemination). A Work package belongs to a Work stream.
- Work packages
- See Work package
- Work stream
A Work stream defines high-level Project steps. A Work stream belongs to a contract.
- Work streams
- See Work stream